Cover pic from dipiu.fr
Dear fellow travelers,
There is so much that you can do in Nice, but if you want to take full advantage of your time in the city, you have to experience local food and try different places for dinner. From modern and trendy restaurants to traditional “street-food”-like places, here are our best addresses!
- Di Più: This Italian restaurant is well situated where the Promenade des Anglais meets the Vieux Nice, a real sweetspot that will take you directly from the seaside to the narrow streets of the old town. Here you will have a chance to try Italian and Mediterranean cooking in a superb and modern environment. Get there at the opening time or be ready to queue as the place is very popular and they don’t take reservations!
📌 Di Più, 85 Quai des États-Unis, Open everyday from 12pm to 2.30pm and from 7pm to 11pm.
- Café de Turin: This place is more than a restaurant; it is an institution, an oysters market (from their own farming!), an “old-style” café. If you like seafood and oysters in particular, you should definitely try it, and it gets bonus points as it is situated near the charming Place Garibaldi and the animated Rue Bonaparte.
📌 Café de Turin, 5 Place Garibaldi, Open everyday from 8am to 10pm.
- Le Plongeoir: This absolutely stunning place is a restaurant and lounge bar that was recently opened on some diving boats next to the harbor. You can relax and taste their Mediterranean cuisine or simply have a drink at the bar, while experiencing the charm of an iconic location. Particularly suggested if you are in Nice with your significant other!
📌 Le Plongeoir, 60 boulevard Franck Pilatte, Open From Monday to Sunday (closed on Tuesdays) – Lunch service from 12 until 2pm, Bar from 10am to 5pm.
- Lou Pilha Leva: this is the right place to taste some local specialties in a cozy “fast-food” environment: don’t expect anything luxurious, just outdoor tables and no-frills service. Sit down on the wood benches and try socca (the traditional chickpea-flour pancake), zucchini-flower fritters, sugar-beet pie, or a bowl of soupe au pistou (soup of vegetables, noodles, beans, basil and garlic). Order a beer or another fresh drink and you are all set for the evening!
📌 Lou Pilha Leva, 10 rue de Collet, open everyday except Sunday, from 11am to midnight.
- Le Bar des Oiseaux: Another place you need to discover in the Vieux Nice, and mentioned in 2017 Le Fooding guide, this restaurant proposes quality food at reasonable prices. Calamari, pulled pork, white fish, suckling pig are all on the menu, but don’t forget to check the “plat du jour”, it changes every day! Enjoy the shabby chic decor and the bistro-like atmosphere.
📌 Le Bar des Oiseaux, 5 rue Saint-Vincent. Tuesday to Saturday, 12.00-13.45 and 19.00-21.45.
Do you know other places in Nice? Comment below!
And… go Eat the Road!